Penny & Meriwether was born out of a passion for personalising our favourite products using lasers and a little bit of magic. We love seeing the reaction of someone receiving a gift of a beautiful product which has their name or initials inscribed into it, or a small business owner who sees their logo on some incredible merchandise for the first time.
We’re a small, but ambitious team of passionate people who care about delivering unforgettable experiences for our customers. We sell directly to individuals, as well as working with international brands like Aston Martin, Netflix, The North Face and Oatly. We even lasermark some components for SpaceX which go into space on their rockets! We help product manufacturers offer customisation of their own products - by cobranding them for other business customers, and providing personalisation and fulfilment for their online sales.
We’re hiring a production lead to join our team in our brand new facility in Belmont, Durham. You will report directly to the Managing Director, and you’ll be responsible for all of our laser operations, including (but not limited to):
- Processing individual orders from our sales channels
- Processing bulk wholesale orders
- Planning the production schedule, including staff schedules to meet customer deadlines, and maximise efficiency
- Managing and training new staff, including temporary and part time staff at peak times
- Stock management and planning - ordering, and managing incoming and outgoing shipments
- Shipping and logistics, including customs documentation and processes for international shipments
- Managing relationships with customers, suppliers and logistics partners
- Quality control - making sure all staff are following our standard processes
- Responding to customer enquiries and processing new orders
- Working with the management team to optimise efficiency and plan for increasing demand
- Maintaining the positive and inclusive work environment we have built, making sure all members of staff feel safe and welcome
- Continuously evaluating our processes and finding ways to improve quality and efficiency
- You will have an excellent eye for detail, and you will get a real kick out getting things just right every time.
- You will love working in a busy environment, where you have to constantly adapt to new challenges.
- You’ll be experienced at building relationships where people love working with you and want to go the extra mile for you when it matters most - including suppliers, partners and colleagues.
- You’ll be naturally analytical, and be able to quickly work out the most efficient way of doing each task.
- You will love to learn and develop - welcoming advice and feedback, and keen to provide this to others when required.
- You will be able to manage your time effectively, and prioritise a constantly changing workload to deliver an incredible experience for all customers.
- You’ll be able to collect and analyse data to help plan for demand, and manage our customer’s expectations.
You don’t need to know anything about lasers - we’ll give you full training in this area.
You will however be able to show a track record of performing at a high level in a similar environment - where you made or processed a wide variety of things, with tight deadlines and strict quality standards.
You will be able to bring your experience from previous roles to help shape our processes, and have a significant impact on the growth of the business.
You will have experience of leading and managing a team, and be able to inspire and develop team members.
Salary £27-33k dependant on experience
28 days holiday, plus bank holidays
Incredible coffee, and unlimited cuddles with our office dog Rafa